Orakei Marina Trust participates in various initiatives to encourage growth and development of the local community.
A key initiative that aims to give students from low decile schools and families a development opportunity of a lifetime, is our Spirit of Adventure Scholarship programme. Further to this, our Orakei Trust Management team are actively involved in providing support to the local sailing/boating community where possible.
Over the years we have had many scholarship recipients take part in a 10-day youth development programme, aboard the Spirit of Adventure. The voyage is aimed at students aged 15- 18 years old, and is a programme that helps develop life skills and experience that is invaluable to our youth.
Our mission in supporting the Spirit of Adventure Trust is to enable deserving students who face financial boundaries, to take part in an opportunity that would otherwise be inaccessible to them. We strive to award 4 scholarships per year.
- We provide berths for Coastguard NZ where possible
- We provided support to this year’s Sail Auckland regatta, run by Royal Akarana Yacht Club
- We provide security to the public using The Landing area
- We have made monitory donations to local primary schools
- We provide launch areas for the not-for-profit agency, Sailability
Look through the awesome photo gallery (below) made by recent scholarship recipients
We would like to thank our past prize sponsors for their kind support and the role they have played in our successful fundraising initiatives.
For more information on our sponsors and how you can become a sponsor click here.