Dear Clients of Orakei Marina,
COVID-19 Level 3 practices are in place from 11:59 pm Tuesday – 21st September 2021.
Orakei Marina is closed
No access to the public at all times (including A Pier).
- Boating, jet-skiing and scuba diving are not allowed at Level 3. Rescue Services cannot risk breaking their bubble to save you if you get into trouble.
- Contact tracing will be carried out at the marina recording entry/exit via the gates; therefore we ask you not to tailgate through gates.
- Pay and display machines and parking enforcement services will be operating.
- Security are on site for security only and will not be able to assist you with berthing or problems.
- Marina Trolleyswill still be on site for use, just like at the supermarket, but we recommend disinfecting before and after use as well as hand sanitising.
- Office, laundry and toilet facilities are closed
- Staff may be seen in the office but we cannot interact with you face to face
- Customers are not allowed into the marina office
- We are manning the phones on (09) 524 8444 or
- We are on email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Marina has now implemented a contactless Bluetooth reader system to our gates, please email email@example.com if you would like to be added to this system and have instructions for use sent to you.
- Gate Keys are available to sign out from OUTSIDE the marina office front door.
- The iPad for sign in and induction will be outside the door also and still essential to be filled out.
- If you are having troubles, call us on (09) 524 8444.
- Security will be operating as usual, 24 hours 7 days a week.
- The Security Phone number is 021 025 93800.
- Security guards and/or dock masters are on site at all times.
Vessel Security for Boat Owners at Orakei Marina
- As we will have Dock Masters on site, we will be checking your berth lines and power from the plinth as a courtesy.
- If you have smartphone alarms for your vessel and would like us to cast an eye over your vessel, please call the security phone.
- We will be keeping a general eye on all boats within the marina, from the pontoons and will send reports to you all from time to time.
- We will not be boarding boats unless there is an emergency.
- Gull will continue to keep the tanks full during Level 3.
- The bowsers are “self-service” so you can fill your own vessel.
- Gull remains responsible for any equipment breakdowns on the fuel dock and their hotline is 0800 457 877.
- Please alert security immediately if any leaks are found.
- For any other questions about the fuel please contact Gull Support Centre 0800 457 877
The Marina Manager Jason, will be available at all times on 021 929 592